1. after prepositions in some common expressions
- to/in/into/ out of hospital/prison/bed
- by car/bicycle/bus/plane/train
- to/at/from work
- out of town
2. in some time phrases
- in 1990 (year), in summer (season),
- since April (month),
- at Christmas (festival)
- on Monday (day of week), at night
3. before the names of continents and countries
Have you been to China?
4. before names of cities, towns and villages
- The police have monitored the number of drink-related accidents since the introduction of a ban on drinking and driving in Hong Kong.
- Pollution in Shatin is being closely monitored by EPD.
- The Police Headquarters is in Wanchai.
5. before the names of streets, districts, parks and bridges
- The Lunar New Year Festival will be held in Victoria Park.
- The post office in Hennessy Road is a listed building.